St. Patrick's Day in the Big D

Monday, March 15, 2010


St. Patrick's Day 2010. Yep, it already happened. Dallas style.

The 31st Annual Greenville Avenue St. Patrick's Day Parade is what I'm talking about and I was there to take it all in along with 100,000 other people.

Dressed in green, a group of us gathered at my friend Kristin's house for a top o' the morning breakfast of green eggs and ham (quite fitting), mimosas and coffee, of course! Tummy's full and spirits high, we headed out for our 2-mile jaunt to our chosen location on Greenville Avenue to watch the parade. This was not your typical parade. As a Baylor University alum, I am used to a parade, but this was more Mardi Gras style - bead throwing, and... well, I won't go into the rest...

It was fun to experience.

It was one big communal party.
Sláinte





0 comments:

Post a Comment