Playing Nostalgia

Monday, April 26, 2010

This weekend I enjoyed sun, sun, and more sun. That's right, the past 2.5 days were spent enjoying the outdoors and this lovely weather we're currently having in the Big D. I spent most of time taking in the fresh air on restaurant patios and poolside, but one thing I enjoyed most was reliving my childhood days and playing board games. Monopoly (my team won!) and Othello.

There's a lot of cool, new games out there, but I've always been partial to the originals.
Did you know that Monopoly is the best-selling board game in the world sold in 103 countries?

Othello, originally called Reversi, was given its name in reference to the Shakespearian piece Othello and the conflict between the two characters, one being black (Othello) and one being white (Desdemona).


What's your favorite board game and fun fact about it?

2 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I haven’t played a board game forever! I should do that! Thanks!
Btw: thanks so much for your lovely comment and thanks soooooo much for following me!
Kisses:)

Kristen said...

absolutely! ;)

Post a Comment